So you’ve inherited a WordPress website… now what?
With WordPress powering over 25% of websites on the internet, odds are that when you take over a website it will be a WordPress website.
How can you take stock of what you have, make sure you are protected, and continue to move forward with improvements?
In this talk Josh walks us through the steps necessary to audit, evaluate, and take control of a WordPress website in any condition.
- Making Websites with WordPress (introductory presentation)
- A Developers Guide to WordPress (intermediate presentation)
- Local by Flywheel (easy local development tool)
- Jetpack (for content backups)
- Sucuri (for security scanning)
- Introduction to git and WordPress (presentation)
- WordPress Docker (example repository)
- VVV (vagrant tool for WordPress)
- Cloudflare (DNS, caching, security, free!)
- WP Engine (My preferred host for WordPress)
- WP Migrate DB (For changing WP hostname)